June 15, 2013

Will You Be My Best Friend Forever?

For Father's Day:


Maybe like two weeks after Josh & I first meet I asked him this question over the phone? I didn't mean to... it just sort of slipped out. I already knew in my heart that he was the one for me, but I wasn't sure if he even liked me or not (although looking back it was pretty evident).

I said, "Will you be my best friend forever?"

I remember a long drawn out pause over the phone and me thinking... oh my goodness did I really just say that. He then as if a revelation just struck him said... yes I will. He later told me it was then he realized he was in love with me and that we would always be together.

My love for him is deep and fierce. 
I thought it couldn't get any better...
& then we had our Asher.

When Josh became a father I saw so much at once.
I saw how he loves purely, and selflessly.
I saw him become a teacher and a safe haven for our son.
I saw his patience and his spirit.

Father's day may just be a silly holiday but then again... I sort of love it.

_________________



And as for my Daddy.... I surely do love him. I miss being able to see my family regularly since they all live in Texas, but I always hold them in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment