February 15, 2011

26 Weeks & Coat Love.

 26 Weeks... oh me oh my.

Actually I am closer to 27 but it has been a long few days.
Unfortunately I was hit with a severe migraine the other day which left me out of commission for a bit. BUT Jasha & I did celebrate our Valentines/ 1 &1/2 year wedding anniversary... with a surprise dinner at a very good Italian restaurant.. yum!
We got dressed up super cute, but by the end of the night I felt like I was going to pop out of my dress so I opted not to take any pictures. Ha ;)



So I have a question all you Mommas out there... I have recently hit a very uncomfortable stage of pregnancy...my lower back is aching... and I mean aching.
My hips also have been hurting pretty bad. I sleep with pillows in between my legs but was/is there anything in particular for any of you which gave you relief concerning these areas? If so I would be delighted to have your input :)

In other news I finally found a winter coat which holds my ever expanding belly. It actually was meant to be more of a winter shrug, but it is very warm & the large fit me wonderfully. I think I am just going to need to lengthen the sleeves a bit.. but still I love it. 


Besides all that I wanted to thank you all who have been voting for my blog. I hope you will continue to do so... it is a great way to connect to other Momma bloggers out there.
Remember you can vote once daily.

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!


13 comments:

  1. oh, the aching is tough. i used to lay around with a heating pad sometimes. i also did this stretch where i would bend over the bed standing (no dirty jokes!) and i would stretch my arms as far as i could reach. that always seemed to hit the exact spot i needed.
    good luck! you look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hip pain :( I have it too. I've found that if I put a pillow between my legs and a pillow behind my back, I can kind of lean onto the pillow so I'm not laying straight onto my hip...

    The back pain... maybe a maternity support belt?? That helped with my first son!

    GL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic. Happy 1-1/2 years! :)

    I remember some of that back pain, and I think something that helped was getting on hands and knees, and arching my back upward, then dropping my belly down, a few times repetitively. It also just felt better to let my belly hang straight down instead of pull on my back. I hope that made sense.
    A heating pad (not the electric ones, but just a bean pad you'd put in the microwave) helped sometimes. And a moderate amount of motion; too much sitting or two much standing always threw me off.

    I'll be right there with you in a few weeks (19 weeks now)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy half anniversary to you guys! we're just a month behind you :)
    & will be praying you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your boots, and that coat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pilates/Gym ball helped me with hip pain, just sit on it, and kind of roll around. It helps alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable! I have that maternity shirt, too! : ) Girl, I hear you about low back pain. I wake up in the morning with TERRIBLE hip and low back pain. I try sleeping with a body pillow between my knees, but sometimes that doesn't even help. If you find out a good solution, let me know! : )

    Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I found your blog on Spearmint Baby. I think we have the same due date... May 20th? Anyway, you and your blog are really cute and I LOVE the name Asher! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm right there with you, so much aching!
    My doctor told me to get a maternity support belt to take some of the weight off the hips but I haven't tried it yet. Like everyone else said a pillow between your knees and one under your tummy helps somewhat.

    ~Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful momma! I love that belly!

    Sorry you are hurting! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elisa, do PRENATAL yoga! I have lots of yogi friends who have done this and it works wonders. But I recommend going to a studio that offers prenatal specifically so you know you're doing everything right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there cutie Elisa! The Pilates/Gym ball is definitely a helper as well as a pregnancy massage! The pregnancy massages helped out tremendously=)))) You look great and I really enjoy keeping up with you and your expanding family!

    ReplyDelete