January 26, 2011

The Sickness Has Passed! Oh And....

(Be aware this post is very scattered) 

Well remember that little cough sickness I mentioned in my last post...
turned out to be not so little. In fact turned out to need days of recovery. 
My poor Jasha had a fever off and on for a few days & thank goodness I never did, but it was still very yucky. 
But Hallelujah it has passed & we are well.
------------------------------------
So today is a special day because it is my little brother's 11th birthday.
He is a gem. I consider him to be truly one of my best friends despite his age. He is so unique & interesting & I can't believe 11 years has already passed since he came home...
All 10 & 1/2 pounds of him. 
Man I love this kid.


& My husband's family dog Rio wanted to wish my brother a Happy Birthday as well...

-----------------------------------------
In other news
my little Asher is a kicking machine! He moves so much I constantly see my belly jump, or see him more on one side. It is very fun to watch to say the least. I already feel like he is so big in there. I believe this week he passed his 1 lb. and 12 inches mark. Now it's just time to build up his fat. I won't lie I hope he is a chubby one. 
------------------------------------------
Finally some very exciting news..
Jasha & I received an amazing surprise in the mail this week. An anonymous envelope with a hefty sum of money in it. Due to my detective skills I was able to figure out who it was from, and let me just say this couple has a heart for the Lord & I believe they will do great things in His Love. Well we had been saving up for a car.... since we came to Virginia with just one of ours: a little neon coupe... (Our ole jetta had to retire. He was living on a prayer. Literally) 
Which is very reliable and what not, but we knew I would need a car with four doors and more space for when Asher is here. With this extra money we were able to buy...
Ms. Daisy Mae... as I have dubbed her... our "new" (at least to us) 2001 Jeep Cherokee.





I love how she drives, and I feel high up, and like I'm in a tank.

----------------------------
With all that said and done I fell very behind in the Celebrate 31 Challenge. I decided not to beat myself up about it and just skip ahead to the day at hand.

Day 6.  Jaded beauty.  Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?


Mirror Mirror on the wall...
Oh this world.
Beauty is portrayed everywhere and in my opinion most of the time it is shown wrong.
Of course it effected me growing up... I don't think I look very classic "American" or Southern and growing up in TX... well yes at times I wanted blonde hair.
Growing up with not a lot of money... I wanted better clothes.
I wanted things so that I would feel like I was pretty.. like I was worth something.
It wasn't until later I learned the truth..
My value and beauty is in and from the Lord, and if I put it in this world I will only get disappointed.

--------------------------------
Can't wait to get back on track with this challenge. I love it!
& Please vote for my blog (it's only two clicks)

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you little brother :D

    What a neat car! We are looking for another car.. so many to pick from! its crazy :D

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we were super blessed by this car and price :) It can be daunting shopping around though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are feeling better! It's no fun being sick, especially while preggo. :)
    -Rylie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new car!

    So glad you are participating too Elisa! I loved what you said and I identify with wanting to be blonde somtimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you guys were able to get a car! :)

    much love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete