November 2, 2010

The Pregnancy Revealed



One year, one month, and one day after Joshua & I were wed
I drove myself to the closest grocery store, grabbed two tests,
 and prayed the whole way home.
God had already revealed to me that I was going to be a Momma, but
I didn't want to get my hopes too high.
As I drove, I prayed and sang songs, and felt pretty calm.

Came home, took the first test... maybe two seconds pass...
POSITIVE.
Good golly miss molly, I fell to the floor crying and praying.
I guess the feeling is best said to be surreal.
I waited three hours to take the other test...
Same result.

Now how to tell my beloved? I wanted it to be super special.
Joshua and I were wed at this tiny little outside church, 
where you can have free weddings.
Its very popular, and weekends are booked months in advance.
We hadn't been back since getting married, 
though we had both talked about it.
Something told me to go ahead and see if there 
would be a wedding that night (friday)
To my surprise, but almost not... God has a way of working things out... there was no wedding.

I called Jasha and told him we were going
 on a surprise date when he got home.
Now ladies, he had no clue. I had fibbed a tad and told him 
Aunt Flow was coming in a week
when in reality she was already a week late.

Twenty minutes before he got home, a big storm came rolling in.
I prayed, and felt God gave me great peace to drive him through the backroads to get to the little chapel.
(A lot of backroads) & Did I mention I hate driving in rain?
When he came home I gave him a sleep mask, and an ipod to 
throw off his sense of direction.

The rain intensified as I drove, but I felt so much peace from the Lord.
When we got there the rain had let up to a soft, nice drizzle.
I told Jasha to count to a hundred, and then come find me...
He would know where to look.

I got out and ran in the rain to the chapel, on the edge of a cliff.
As soon as I stepped into it, the gas lanterns turned on.
No, joke. I thanked God. It was beautiful.
A minute later, Jasha came running towards me.


We kissed, and hugged... he was still clueless.
He thought we were there just to see the chapel.
I told him how much I loved him. How much I was blessed by our journey 
and where God has brought us, and then I said...
& Our baby loves you too!

"WHAT?!?! Are you kidding! Oh my Gosh... Praise God (Shouting)"
He was so so excited.
We stayed there for a while praying, and kissing, and it was literally beautiful.
Here are some pictures. 




21 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest pregnancy story I've ever heard! Congratulations! My God bless you both and your bun in the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an amazing story, what a great way to tell! it gave me goosebumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the sweetest wife ever!
    My reveal was much less creative: "well, if you want to see what a positive pregnancy test looks like..."
    You are going to make wonderful, wise, honorable parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO BEAUTIFUL! Ah I might have just sighed. You and your husband have a beautiful love. God is so good!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok... I cried through reading this. And Lily kicked while I read this : ) . Let me just tell you... A year and a month is the PERFECT time to find out that you are pregnant! Kyle and I found out a year and a month after we were married that we were pregnant. GOD IS SO GOOD!

    P.S. I am making something for your baby. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. Congrats to both of you...you will be wonderful parents, I can just tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful story! i got a little teary eyed reading it. i remember when i told my husband that i was expecting for the first time (i am expecting our fifth now!). there's nothing like that first time. such an excitement in the air, and the unknown looming before you. God's so good! Y'all are going to make great parents and I know your baby is going to be a world changer for Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just fell in love with your story, congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO sweet!!!
    I am so excited for the Farrow Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shouldn't have read this at work - I just started crying! So beautiful, and I am so excited for you both!! I think you're going to be wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, what a beautiful story! Goodness. You guys are the sweetest. So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That picture of you with your arms raised is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! What a romantic, special surprise! Ahh! That story should be in a book, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Its so inspiring that through all the excitement you praised God :)

    Yay! Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the picture at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a truly wonderful story, one that is indeed special and will be told for years to come! :D May God rain blessings down upon your family! Congratulations again! I cannot wait to read about your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awe, congratulations!
    xoxo.

    miss james

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet, beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing, and I'm glad I stopped by :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a new reader, and this story is absolutely breathtaking and lovely! I'm currently 35 weeks along with baby number 2, and you are due the same month my first boy and I were born! Children are such a blessing from God, such an amazing miracle of His love. I'll be praying for your healthy and joyous pregnancy. So excited for you on this incredible journey :) congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm am so absolutely elated for you Elisa! You're such a wonderful mom already! How does it feel to be parents?!

    ReplyDelete